Terms & Conditions
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between ‘the Customer’ and ‘the Owners’ will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these Terms & Conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
- The Customer warrants that the property is let for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, “a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer to the tenant the right to occupy the cottage for a holiday”.
- The Customer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- The Customer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- A non-refundable deposit of £300.00 is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than four weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and the £200.00 refundable damage deposit.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than 28 days before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the Customer will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 28 days before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 28 days prior to the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- If you cannot fulfil your holiday, we will always make every effort to re-book your dates. If successful we will return your deposit but if this is not possible, we will retain your deposit.
- In the event of a cancelled holiday we are prepared to transfer any deposit that you have already paid towards a re-booking for new dates, providing this falls within one year from the date of the cancelled booking (subject to availability and by mutual agreement)
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the Owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
The Owners strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation. Your travel insurance should also cover the value of all goods and belongings that you bring with you. The Owners accept no responsibility or liability for any material losses resulting from a cancellation or occurring during your stay at the property.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the cottage. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
The Owners reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- The Owners or our representative reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
Arrival & Departure
Tenancies normally commence at 4 pm unless otherwise agreed and Customers are required to vacate the cottage by 10 am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of the Customer.
We allow up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior notification. A charge of £50.00 will apply for dogs regardless of how many come. Under particular circumstances we will consider guests bringing three dogs. Please discuss this with us prior to making the booking.
In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify the Owners in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. The security deposit will be returned within 14 days of the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
Damage to Property
Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- It is the Customers responsibility to lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- The Owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the Customer leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The Customer may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The Owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or hot tub.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
Wood Burning Hot Tub
Some helpful tips regarding safety:
- It is very important not to start the fire unless the tub is at least 2/3 rds full of water.
- Although both the chimney and furnace are guarded, please avoid touching hot surfaces.
- During pregnancy soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the foetus so contact your doctor for advice before using.
- People with open wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading or irritating your condition.
- Persons with heart disease, low or high blood pressure or any serious illness should consult with their doctor before use.
- The heat of the hot tub accentuates the effect of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Shower with soap and water before using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams etc. which reduce the effectiveness of the water sanitizer.
- Please use the plastic ‘glasses’ provided in and around the hot tub.
- For your safety the water is routinely changed between all guest visits and appropriate spa sanitizer is used at all times.
If you have any concerns regarding the use or operation of the hot tub, please do not hesitate to contact the Owners. There is a comprehensive instruction sheet in the house book. The Owners accept no liability for personal harm or damage to guests belongings caused by the use of the hot tub.
Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
Termination of Holiday
The Owners reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behavior of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
Any problem or complaint which the Customer may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavor to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the customer has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.